More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
As we know, once a G+ Local page has been merged, we are not supposed to make any more edits in the Google Places Dashboard.

I have a client who accidentally triggered a verification for a merged listing in the Places Dash. They don't seem to know how this happened.

What are your thoughts on this? Would it do more harm than good to verify it in the Places Dash since it has already been merged?

What are your thoughts on this? Would it do more harm than good to verify it in the Places Dash since it has already been merged?

Sorry don't understand. If it's already been verified in Places dash, why do you need to do it again? I mean what is the reason for re-verifying?

Hi Linda,

The verification was triggered by "accident". So now in the dashboard, it's :

Needs Action
red_alert_on_white.gif
Not yet published
icon-help.png
Verify ownership

So, I'm thinking it might do more harm than good to verify it, since it's already been merged with the G+ Business page, and the Places dash shouldn't be messed with once merged.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Wait, I thought this was the one you asked me about via PM.

I guess I'm confused or took it wrong. Color coding to try to help make sense.

I THOUGHT you meant they accidentally triggered verification in G+ which caused a merge. (That's what I thought you were saying via PM yesterday.)

Then thought you were asking if on top of that you should ALSO re-verify in dash. So I wondered why you'd even want to re-verify in dash.

But now it sounds like you were saying the listing was already merged and they triggered re-verification in dash??? How did they even do that? Why were they in dash? Did they try to edit NAP or something?

But now it sounds like you were saying the listing was already merged and they triggered re-verification in dash??? How did they even do that? Why were they in dash? Did they try to edit NAP or something?

Let's just say it was an EPIC FAIL that caused this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom