More threads by Adam Kaufman

Adam Kaufman

Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone recommend an accurate listing scan tool? Every tool we come across skews results to make the listing report look bad. For instance, St. & Street is not inaccurate. Avenue & Ave. are not mismatched.

The best tools are:
BrightLocal
Whitespark
PlacesScout

If they can't deliver the results you wanted, maybe you can try a manual audit?

There isn't one unfortunately. Most tools are Yext's tool rebranded and the tool is bad. It's meant to create pain points, as you alluded to. I don't think any of them are interested in creating an accurate tool. Even if the tool is innacurate, that still works for them because whether the pain point is true or false, it's still a paint point.

Yes, they might be using Yext for listing management. But they have their their own web crawler (a pretty good one), so they surely be able to scan the NAP consistencies by themselves. And for several instances I have seen their NAP scores different from Yext.

Yes, they might be using Yext for listing management. But they have their their own web crawler (a pretty good one), so they surely be able to scan the NAP consistencies by themselves. And for several instances I have seen their NAP scores different from Yext.

If this is true I'd sure be interested to know it! It makes sense to me that they wouldn't spend their resources on something they consider "niche" (local SEO) and would just white label Yext's tool. However if you're getting different scores altogether, that's very interesting. Does the interface look similar at all?

And Darren is right. Killer deal for Yext.

Just ran a test on both for the same business. The scan results are different. Semrush found a listing on Mapquest whereas Yext says "missing listing". Interesting.

I also love how one of the "errors" Yext's scan reports is "Not verified through Yext" 🤦‍♂️

Just ran a test on both for the same business. The scan results are different. Semrush found a listing on Mapquest whereas Yext says "missing listing". Interesting.

Surprising. Is the interface much different? Or did they just turn off a few options in the white label tool's scoring options?

I also love how one of the "errors" Yext's scan reports is "Not verified through Yext" 🤦‍♂️

Lol. Crazy, right?

I didn't do a detailed listing by listing comparison. See attached.
FireShot Screen Capture #193 - 'Listing Management I SEMrush' - www_semrush_com_listings-manag...png

FireShot Screen Capture #194 - 'View Your Listings Results - Yext' - www_yext_com_pl_business-...png
FireShot Screen Capture #193 - 'Listing Management I SEMrush' - www_semrush_com_listings-manag...png
FireShot Screen Capture #194 - 'View Your Listings Results - Yext' - www_yext_com_pl_business-...png

A very brief look (not comprehensive) makes it look like all the directories are the same. Does it look that way to you? I can't really tell via the screenshots.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom