More threads by marianorodriguez9

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried adding a description to the business name to see if it helps with Local rankings?

For example, assume the name of the criminal defense firm is "Simon Law Firm". You then change the name on your Google + page to "Simon Law Firm Criminal Defense Attorneys".

I have seen an attorney in Los Angeles do this, but he added "Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney" to the end of his firm name.

Just wondering if anyone had feedback from implementing this tactic.

Also, I believe this tactic was not allowed in the past, but Google now seems to be ok with it.

Thanks.

I have seen an attorney in Los Angeles do this, but he added "Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney" to the end of his firm name.

Also, I believe this tactic was not allowed in the past, but Google now seems to be ok with it.

Hi Mariano, not just OK with it but explicitly allowed now, as I covered in training with you. Think it was video #3.

Here is lots of discussion when the guideline had just changed and folks started trying it.
<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-local-important/15009-guideline-change-city-keyword-places-title-allowed.html">GUIDELINE CHANGE - City or Keyword in Places Title Allowed Now</a>

However that LA example is in violation.

The name must still be the name - but you can add a SINGLE descriptor. So either a tight category OR location, not both.

Whether it helps or hurts due to making citations a little inconsistent - I've heard reports both ways.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom