More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a client that is pretty excited about their GMB profile, and just sent me 100 photos to add to the GMB profile. . .and I feel like, this is a waste of time, but, maybe there is some value in this. Does anyone think this helps with ranking/views/traffic

Heya,

I do think there is a benefit, mainly for conversion reasons as long as the photos are good ones. Users are more likely to click through to learn more about the business, which does indirectly impact rankings because it shows Google that the listing was relevant to the user's search. It also provides incentive to interact with the listing, and shows that the business is actively attempting to engage with their client base - both good signals as well.

Indirect influence on the results. The more user engagement on a listing, the more chance the algo will favor that listing. More images means more engagement as people scroll and click through.

I would not add all images at once. Stagger them about a dozen every week. No proof that this is better, but more consistent engagement from the owner/manager on the listing might be a positive signal. Kinda like how Google wants you to make a new Post every week.

Would like to measure this with you actually. Send me a DM.

I would not add all images at once. Stagger them about a dozen every week. No proof that this is better, but more consistent engagement from the owner/manager on the listing might be a positive signal. Kinda like how Google wants you to make a new Post every week.

Agree. Don't forget to geotag your photos as well :)

Reactions: Jac

Exaclty, what we do for our listings is to upload like five photos once or twice a week. Its good to be continuing working on your listing, you become more relevant for Google and clients as well of course.
And yes, don't forget to geotag your photos, it makes a different. We use this Geotag Photos Online

Geotagging definitely helps? Should I go back and add it to all of my photos?

In my experience yes it help. I recommend to use them. I
We make a test uploading two photos at the same time one with metadata and geotag, and the other one without. After a week we could see that the photo con geotag have a significant amount of views, whether the other one just a few.

@Rich Owings we make a couple. Uploading both with geo, both without, one and one. For the test that it was one with one without, we try it both ways (different business).
In this last case we coudnt find any difference about the order we upload it. We just saw that the one that had the meta description have way more views than the other one.

I would not advise spending time adding geo tags to photos. They automatically get tagged at the location the moment you upload them to the listing. I've had Joel Headley (he worked on the Google My Business team for 10 years) tell me repetitively that doing this is a waste of time.

I would not advise spending time adding geo tags to photos. They automatically get tagged at the location the moment you upload them to the listing. I've had Joel Headley (he worked on the Google My Business team for 10 years) tell me repetitively that doing this is a waste of time.

Thanks for the tip! :) Just to confirm though, what do you mean by "they automatically get tagged at the location"? Which location? If I'm here in BC Canada and upload a photo to a client's GMB page (they are in NYC for example), will the photo automatically be geotagged to the client's business address in NYC or to my address sitting here in BC Canada?

When you add a photo to a listing inside Google My Business it gets tagged as being at their address because it's a photo that has been added to a specific location.

So in my example, the photo would be tagged to my clients address in NYC. That's great if I no longer need to geotag photos, that will save many hours. Thanks 🙂

When you add a photo to a listing inside Google My Business it gets tagged as being at their address because it's a photo that has been added to a specific location.
Hi Joy, do you think geotagging photos for social media use or for a Yelp photo gallery is important?

Hi Joy, do you think geotagging photos for social media use or for a Yelp photo gallery is important?

It's not something I would spend any time on.

Any tool to auto geo tag photos in bulk

THANK YOU for saving me a couple hours of time. If you ever need any electrical advice, I owe you :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom