More threads by Nathan_NZ

Nathan_NZ

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully tried to add a new user to Google Search Console recently? I tried searching the web but have not found a satisfactory answer.

I have been following these instructions below but they seem to be for old Google Search Console or are outdated?

There is no longer an option to select "User and Property owners" in settings which means there is no option to "Add a new user" like there was before.

I also found this great guide but alas I don't seem to see "User and permissions" like is shown here. How to add a new user in Google Search Console

Apparently I'm a delegated owner. I'm guessing only verified owners can add new users?

Does anyone know how to add a new user to a property in GSC?

Thanks

Nathan

Last edited:
Hi! If you select a property, go to settings and click on users/permissions you should be able to find a "add user" button at the top right of the page. If not, you're not a verified owner and need to verify your ownership. The link you posted seems to be still up to date. Check the "permissions" tab there and you see the difference between users, restricted users and owners.

Hi! If you select a property, go to settings and click on users/permissions you should be able to find a "add user" button at the top right of the page. If not, you're not a verified owner and need to verify your ownership. The link you posted seems to be still up to date. Check the "permissions" tab there and you see the difference between users, restricted users and owners.
Thanks Tim. I managed to figure it out in the end. You have to be a verified owner to add users which is why I could not see the option to add users.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom