More threads by MattCarter08

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just want to get some clarity over address line 1 and address line 2.

So basically if a stores address is:

Shop SP006 Wodonga Plaza 51-57 Elgin Street
Wodonga VIC 3690

Does 51-57 Elgin Street go into address line 1?
And
Shop SP006 Wodonga Plaza go into address line 2?

I have seen instances where Google has updated information for a address based on: This information about your location was updated based on user reports and other data.

And has recommended to add the Shop into address line 1 and not 2. See screenshot below:

screenshot.137.jpg

Based on Google Help about this:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3370250?hl=en#addressline

The definition for each are:

Address Line 1
The precise address for the location.

Address Line 2. This includes shopping center names, cross streets, and other non-essential address information. See valid address formats and best practices in our quality guidelines and address guidelines. (Maximum 80 characters)

screenshot.137.jpg

Yes except I would question the use of "Shop SP01" in address line 2 if it didn't differentiate one store from another plaza in a similar scheme. If the number is just a way the store identifies itself at various locations then it shouldn't be added as it isn't a address rather a name or descriptor.

Thanks Andrew. I wasn't sure, so was hoping you'd weigh in! :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom