Algorithm Update - Sept 8 to 11

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Administrator
Anyone else seeing impacts from this reported algo update that seems to have taken place from September 8th to September 11? Would love to see some examples.

We are seeing some interesting ranking increases and drops around September 9th and 10th on both the organic and local side.

One pattern I keep seeing is an increase in local ranking has a corresponding decrease in organic ranking.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Administrator
Here's another interesting example where local ranking dropped with the Medic update and then jumped back up with the September update.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
Yep, I'm also seeing lots of evidence that this is an "adjustment" to the Medic algorithm update. In this case, we had a client who jumped up a ton for a term and I wasn't 100% sure why but this recent update put it about halfway back to where it was before.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
[MENTION=3160]Tim Colling[/MENTION]

If you look at the Tracker Chart tab you can select specific keywords and see these graphs.

Hey All

This one affected by Medic is recovering nicely.

This one had a domain migration at the same time as medic, so all over the place

Apart from these two everything pretty stable.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
Adding another example that shows the change for Maps between this date range. This was for a business that was heavily impacted by Medic.
september-8-11-png.3155

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group