More threads by Jo Shaer

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Great video from Eric of Local Marketing Institute on where the information is gathered to supply results for local voice searches. He says that Amazon gets its info from Yelp and Yext. But what about here in the UK? Yext is not such a popular directory over here. Is Amazon UK still getting its data from there and should we be getting a listing there? Is it even possible?

I dont have Alexa so I cant check where it pulls info, but I believe it is Yelp, Yext, Just Eat and I have heard that Cylex is currently working to integrate with Amazon Api.

Yext is a service, not a directory.

Get a listing on Yelp instead. It's free :)

HI @JoshuaMackens Yes, we do Yelp as standard. I am not sure whether Yext has the same power over here in the UK...?

I don't know either but I would skip Yext entirely and just use Yelp. Yext is typically $500 a year and superfluous to being on Alexa. You don't need it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom