More threads by MichaelW

Reaction score
Hi,

What's the best way to deal with another business at the same address sharing the same phone number?

It's a side business, run on same premises.

This appears to have caused a Google Maps penalty and stopped the original listing from showing.

Any advice, should the side business listing be deleted?

thanks.

What type of company/service/category is each business?

Is it a home based business?

The main business is a vets.
The secondary business is a scanning service for pets.

I'm thinking there are 2 options

1. New phone number for 2nd business
2. Remove 2nd business from Google - mark it as closed

any thoughts?

thanks,
Michael.

I believe Google would consider this one business. It's really just a vet service within a vet office. From a marketing viewpoint they may want it to seem like a different business and may even have a DBA. But it's more like a department of a business.

So only one listing would be allowed.

Problem though is that many of us have noticed that if you have a closed listing at the same address and phone it often suppresses the main listing, just like a dupe does.

Could maybe try calling support and explaining it was a mistake. You didn't realize you could not have a listing for the other business, it's not a business, but a department of the main business and see if they would merge. It's a long shot though.

Problem though is that many of us have noticed that if you have a closed listing at the same address and phone it often suppresses the main listing, just like a dupe does.

Hi Linda, are you suggesting that even if the company marks it as closed, this may still have a negative effect and the penalty may be retained?

Also I'm in Ireland/UK, do you know if there's local phone support here?

Closed listings should not affect the open listing. BUT some of us have noticed what we believe is a problem. Details below.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/27109-can-closed-google-local-listings-kill-ranking-important-new-troubleshooting-tip.html">Can "Closed" Google Local Listings Kill Ranking? Important New Troubleshooting Tip</a>

I'm not sure about support there. Set your language settings to English on the G+ page and check during the hours of 6AM to 5PM PST and see if you see the option.

Sorry I just keyed into Ireland, that's the one I'm not sure about.
But if you are UK there is def support. Do you know how to get to it in your dash?

To reach phone support: There is no direct # to call. You trigger phone support right in your dashboard.

The best way to get to phone support so it lets support know what you have a problem with is this.

On the page in question click edit in the top info card. (Like where you edit address.)

Then at the very bottom click "get help with this page".

Then on the next page in the upper right you will see a "Contact us" button.

That will trigger the support option. During support hours there will be a blue "Call Us" button.

Right now hours are 6AM to 5 PM PST but it varies at times and they are closed weekends and Holidays.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom