More threads by Toby 39 Celsius

Reaction score
We have a GMB profile that has been repeatedly reported as spam by competitors every couple months, only to be reinstated - unfortunately, the last time this happened was right as the coronavirus issue was ramping up in mid-March and now the GMB team appears to be on hiatus. Any advice on how to get this reviewed any quicker and reinstated? We've submitted 2x via their reinstatement form and reached out to the GMB social team but they are gone and unresponsive.

Google is not prioritizing reinstatement cases at the moment. They are pooling all available resources into Covid-19 and prioritizing medical related listings. Please see Google’s official
statement. I am also seeing examples where listings are getting reinstated and then immediately going into pending review.

There are supposed to be safe guards in place to prevent repeated suspensions when a listing is able to prove their eligibility. I am not sure why this is not working in this case. What is the category for your client?

He has two - criminal defense attorney and a PI office...they are both legit brick and mortar, and we've had to go through verification no less than 8 - 9 times over the course of the last year with pictures and videos of signage and the offices as someone is repeatedly reporting...very frustrating and this last one was right before the shutdown.

I have been seeing an uptick in lawyers being suspended. I had 3 listings that were suspended prior to Google shutting down for Covid-19. Two were for the same firm and one was completely unrelated. All 3 have since been reinstated. It is similar to the suspensions we saw last March and June and this past January. I am more inclined to think it is Google conducting sweeps rather than competitors reporting listings. I am seeing the same patterns of suspensions with garage door listings too.

Toby, feel free to PM me the Name and Address of the lawyers, with a screenshot of the info tab. I can take a look at them and tell you if I see anything wrong.

Social GMB cannot assist you right now and the reinstate team is backed up as Jason stated.

Resubmitting the reinstatement form is a great way to get in the back of the line.

You could try responding to a previous case or using the contact form to inquire about the listings and include a previous case ID.

That being said, even once they are reinstated because they are lawyers they will go live and probably go into pending, with a small chance of coming out of pending.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom