More threads by Brian Bender

Reaction score
I've recently encountered a situation where a former employee of the company I work for has left a 1-star review for us on Google. Unfortunately, despite the evidence we provided to GMB support, we could not get the review removed. They claimed it doesn't violate their terms of service, which clearly does not make sense.

Has anyone else had success removing a disgruntled employee's review or the review left by a competitor like this (the person above works for another local competitor)? And if so, how did you verify it?

A few background details on our situation:
1. The former employee used her first name and photograph on the review (no last name)
2. We provided GMB support with a link to her LinkedIn profile to verify what I was saying is correct (the former employee even had our company still listed as her current employer).
3. Only a 1-star review was given, no description with it.

That seems dumb. I'll bring it up for you if you'd like. Do you have a case ID for your conversation with Google? If not, can you post all the details on the GMB Forum and I'll escalate it?

@Brian Bender can you send me the link? I looked but there are a ton of threads over there and I didn't see yours.

Im working on a software to get these blatant false or attacks via negative reviews are removed for clients. Stand by :)

Im working on a software to get these blatant false or attacks via negative reviews are removed for clients. Stand by :)

I'm assuming it would have to violate Google's guidelines then to work in this fashion?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom