More threads by interiorguy

interiorguy

Reaction score
My client is trying to verify a new google business profile for an office they just opened up. Google is asking them to scan a QR code then take a video of their office and the street view of the office.

My client scanned the QR code then took a video and submitted it to Google, but Google said they were reviewing the video then a day later they said something went wrong and they want another video. This has happened twice. Is my client doing something wrong to get the error?

Fortunately, we haven't had any issues with the video verification method, they have all gone smoothly. Since your client is having to scan a QR code, that means they are starting the verification process using a computer. I haven't done a verification this way, I've always started the process using my phone at the business location. I wouldn't think that it should make a difference, but you never know. I would have the client do the whole process using their phone instead.

I'd also suggest reading this very thorough article on the process.

If your client still is unsuccessful, you'll need to open a Google Support request. You'll want to explain in detail the problem you are having with verification and ask for a manual or alternate verification method. It would be helpful to have any screenshots or images of errors and/or emails from Google, put those into a Google Drive folder and put the shared link in the support request.

Good luck and please report back!

@interiorguy, here are a few suggestions that might help:

Start on mobile, not desktop.
Go to the Profile on the Google Maps app and start the process there.

If you are using an iPhone, turn on location services:
1) In settings > privacy & security > location services, there is a toggle on or off. The toggle should be on.
2) And for whichever app you are triggering the verification from (chrome, safari, Google Maps, etc), make sure you don't have "Use your location" specified as "never".

Delete any previously uploaded verification videos:
Go to the dashboard, select the 3 dots in the upper right : Select Business Profile settings/Advanced settings/Video Uploads and delete previous videos

Keep the video under 2 minutes.
Long videos can have HUGE file sizes and might cause the upload to choke.

Fortunately, we haven't had any issues with the video verification method, they have all gone smoothly. Since your client is having to scan a QR code, that means they are starting the verification process using a computer. I haven't done a verification this way, I've always started the process using my phone at the business location. I wouldn't think that it should make a difference, but you never know. I would have the client do the whole process using their phone instead.

I'd also suggest reading this very thorough article on the process.

If your client still is unsuccessful, you'll need to open a Google Support request. You'll want to explain in detail the problem you are having with verification and ask for a manual or alternate verification method. It would be helpful to have any screenshots or images of errors and/or emails from Google, put those into a Google Drive folder and put the shared link in the support request.

Good luck and please report back!

@JeffClevelandTN we followed your steps and resubmitted. For over two weeks now google has said it's processing our video and it should only take a few minutes. Any suggestions on how to get this to go away and get the profile verified? I've reached out to google a few times but have only gotten canned email responses. I can't seem to get a live person to talk to.

Also, the crazy part about this is when I go to my dashboard to contact support and click on the location i'm reaching out about, it says verified... It only shows this when i'm in the support dashboard. When i'm in my profile it says processing

@interiorguy, here are a few suggestions that might help:

Start on mobile, not desktop.
Go to the Profile on the Google Maps app and start the process there.

If you are using an iPhone, turn on location services:
1) In settings > privacy & security > location services, there is a toggle on or off. The toggle should be on.
2) And for whichever app you are triggering the verification from (chrome, safari, Google Maps, etc), make sure you don't have "Use your location" specified as "never".

Delete any previously uploaded verification videos:
Go to the dashboard, select the 3 dots in the upper right : Select Business Profile settings/Advanced settings/Video Uploads and delete previous videos

Keep the video under 2 minutes.
Long videos can have HUGE file sizes and might cause the upload to choke.

@whitespark any tips for when google tells you it's processing your location and it should only take a few minutes but it's been a few weeks? We resubmitted the video and have been waiting for over two weeks with this message.

When I go to try and contact Google and select the location I'm reaching out about it says it's verified... but when I'm in the profile itself, it says processing.

Each time I've reached out to Google to get this cleared up they send me an automated response that I can't reply to. Not sure what I can do to get this cleared up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

@whitespark any tips for when google tells you it's processing your location and it should only take a few minutes but it's been a few weeks? We resubmitted the video and have been waiting for over two weeks with this message.

When I go to try and contact Google and select the location I'm reaching out about it says it's verified... but when I'm in the profile itself, it says processing.

Each time I've reached out to Google to get this cleared up they send me an automated response that I can't reply to. Not sure what I can do to get this cleared up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

@interiorguy I have the same thing happening with the Whitespark GBP I recently video verified. It shows up as verified when contacting support, and I have full access to post updates and respond to reviews and do anything I need with my profile. But it says “Pending edits” in the dashboard for updates to my phone and service area. It’s been pending for 2 weeks.

I’m calling it done. Close enough. I assume these edits will eventually clear.

@interiorguy I have the same thing happening with the Whitespark GBP I recently video verified. It shows up as verified when contacting support, and I have full access to post updates and respond to reviews and do anything I need with my profile. But it says “Pending edits” in the dashboard for updates to my phone and service area. It’s been pending for 2 weeks.

I’m calling it done. Close enough. I assume these edits will eventually clear.

@whitespark we were able to get verified about two weeks ago. seems like it was the bug. thanks for your help! GBP is so frustrating sometimes

@whitespark thanks again for your help with his account. I'm not sure why, but it just got suspended a few weeks ago. I keep supplying all the documentation they are asking for, but i Get an automated response saying I'm not adhering to google guidelines.

When I follow the steps they provide to get in contact with a support agent, I keep getting similar automated responses and can't get in front of an agent. Do you have any tips to get in front of a live person at gbp support?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom