More threads by Simon Cox

Simon Cox

Reaction score
A friend's client received a 'log into GMB to stay verified or in 30 days you will lose verification' email and was asking if this was authentic - I didn't know as have not seen one before but that might be because I log into client GMB's fairly regularly. I assume these are not new but can anyone please confirm they have seen them before so we can rule out phishing.

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 12.50.18.png

No I haven't seen these before... Google had started sending emails letting people know that unverified listings in their account would be removed, but this is something new to me..

@Simon Cox Google sends out a batch of those emails every once in a while. I think they have been doing it for a few years at least.

Thanks Cherie and Colan. Tim Capper just let me know on Twitter that they did a whole bunch 6 months ago - so it might be that there is a 6 month time limit and my friend's client has just triggered that.
Either way it's doesn't appear to be phishing (today)!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom