More threads by sixthcitysarah

Reaction score
Cross-posting this from the GMB support forum in case anyone else here can help.

After 6+ months of steady spam submissions on both the redressal form and suggest an edit, no matter what we have various competitors (who are breaking guidelines) who are ranking above us.

Outside of clear keyword stuffing, some of them don't even have websites, or reviews, or are using private residences and co-working spaces. I have been reporting these places for months, and nothing has happened at all. And if they do change, within days they are reverted back. (A lot of these are multi-location "agencies" across the country, so wouldn't be surprised if they are using Yext or an alike service.)

Has anyone found anything else that works to get rid of these? It's a monopoly of some of the same 4 businesses clogging the local pack for all our terms.

Please PM me your sheet and add your redressal ID's to that support thread (include the thread too) and I will take a peek. If I can escalate it I will.

Do not add your sheet to that thread though.

Please PM me your sheet and add your redressal ID's to that support thread (include the thread too) and I will take a peek. If I can escalate it I will.

Do not add your sheet to that thread though.

Thank you so much! Will message you soon.

Hi Sarah and Ben,

How did you go with this? I am having the exact same issue. I've tried the redressal form twice and suggest an edit marking the listings as spam (which strangely says my edit has been 'published' but the spam listings are still live). I naturally expect some spam in results but it has gotten to the point where there is a crazy amount, sometimes 15+ spam listings in some results meaning those who have legitimate listing don't stand a chance.

Screenshot.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom