More threads by Marissa

This seems to be the case actually, although I am not positive. The pages with and without the query param both canonicalize back to the page without the params yet I still see both in the pages tab of the performance report in GSC.
Goog to know. In fact it's probably a good thing. This should mean that the only way that parameterised URL can show in GSC is when it is used as a link from a GMB listing.

Confirming that the links are still untouched by Apple and still working.
But this sure proves that not a lot of website visits come from Apple Maps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.16.19 PM.png

Interesting aside: The highest clicks are from more remote/rural areas. Big city people are less likely to use Apple Maps I guess(?)

Perfect, thanks Jay, appreciate the quick response...me thinks I might have to dig into this more!

Confirming that the links are still untouched by Apple and still working.
But this sure proves that not a lot of website visits come from Apple Maps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.16.19 PM.png
Not surprising given it's more dominant navigation utility vs. Google search/maps which search/discovery research AND navigation.

I am hopeful the day will soon come when Apple Maps releases its click for direction / call / view insights, I'm sure of it and make sure to ask every time we meet!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom