More threads by Niki Gross

Niki Gross

Reaction score
If a listing does not have the option of adding an appointment link within the GMB dashboard, is it appropriate for the business owner to view the listing in search and add an appointment link via the 'Add missing information' option? Does anyone have experience or recommendations on using this method?

I would like to use a tracked URL but I am also not sure if this would have an impact if added through the method above.

I think this is a great idea, but I just checked and it doesn't look like the Suggest an Edit window has the option to add an appointment link. The listing I'm looking at doesn't have a "add missing information" option.

Oh wow - I see the option below! I have not confirmed if this is consistent across all listings within this account. Any thoughts after seeing how it appears here.

add missing information.png

Right. It's interesting to me that you're seeing that on the front end, but don't have the option in GMB. I'm not seeing that option on the front end for listings that don't have the option in GMB.

I think you're fine to add the link there, and I would include the UTM parameters too.

I'm curious to hear how it goes. Please let us know! :)

Correction, I now see the option to add an appointment link within the 'Info' panel. I was initially looking for the 'New Features URL section', which I'm guessing Google removed when the link was rolled out universally. (The GMB Help page has not yet been updated).

For what it's worth, I followed the process described above and the edit was accepted and is now within the GMB dashboard. The link was visible to the public within 30 minutes. I entered a tagged url, which has been preserved.

Although the option was under my nose, I'm still hesitant to add an appointment link to 50+ listings directly in the dashboard in a short period of time for fear of a random suspension.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom