More threads by divotagency

Reaction score
Hi all, on average, how long does it take Google to remove a location marked closed 'duplicate' My concern is that it wont be removed - but simply show up as a permanently closed location because it has a different number / address.

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure the "report a problem - duplicate" report goes nowhere. I'd contact GMB support and ask them to merge the listings together.

Thanks Colan! I'm having a similar issue and this is exactly what I need. Waiting for Google to remove the dupe has been taking forever like local.com

That's been my experience too. Reporting the duplicate as a problem from the listing does nothing. Contacting support usually has the dup merged within 24-48 hours. I've seen it almost immediately too if the NAP is the same. But only through contacting support.

In my experience sometimes it work (the less amount) and sometimes ill contacto directly Google for the merge (24 hs usually they take). They at least for my business they ask me a photo of the entrance of te place with a sign that shows the name (same name as the listing has to be).
When is a duplicate without any reviews i mark it or duplicate or place doesn't exist. They after send me a mail telling me that my solicitation is under review. Sometimes they will confirm me it got accepted. And when it doesn't i contact the GMB support.
But yesterday for example i mark a duplicate a this site doesn't exist and automatically it got approve.
This way is usually how i sorted the duplicate situations

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom