More threads by Adam Bament

Adam Bament

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping some astute SEO gurus can help me with a random backlink problem.

I managed to get a juicy backlink for a medical client (Doctors of South Melbourne), yet the backlink isn't appearing on Google Console or any tools (ahrefs, Keysearch etc) after around 3 months. I checked the code to confirm the absence of a 'nofollow' tag.

I also confirmed that links of various ages to other websites from the referring site also aren't being picked up by search engines/tools.

Is anyone aware of a site-wide setting/code that prevents search engines from following backlinks? Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I'm waiting on a response from the referring website owners.

Hard to say without actually being able to see the link, but recently I have discovered that a lot of publications that write guest post style content where the link may seem unnatural will 302 to the final destination or use some other work around as to purposely not pass the link equity.

Is the page that the link is coming from indexed by Google?
Possible that the page is not getting crawled for some reason and that's why no other tools are seeing it.

Also, Search Console doesn't show every link that is found.

Possible that the page is not getting crawled for some reason and that's why no other tools are seeing it.

Yeah, I generally wouldn't worry about that, but if you are, link to South Melbourne Market's page from somewhere else. I mean, other than the one in your original post. :)

Yes, it is being indexed by Google. Maybe I just need to be a bit more patient.

Hard to say without actually being able to see the link, but recently I have discovered that a lot of publications that write guest post style content where the link may seem unnatural will 302 to the final destination or use some other work around as to purposely not pass the link equity.
Hi Pony,

Heres the page (the link text is 'Doctors of South Melbourne'): Fresh Produce Fights the Winter Blues | South Melbourne Market

I'm relatively new to the whole SEO game, so any additional advice is much appreciated.

Thanks mate,
Adam

@Adam Bament

I have been experiencing this activity in Google Search Console for 2-3 months. I am not seeing good backlinks indexed by GSC.

Did you get your link in the webmasters tool?

@silverwebmaster

No, nothing. Yet. I contacted the referring site and they had no idea what was going on. Very frustrating as it took a bit of work to get that backlink (guest blog post) and the referring site has a high DA.

@Adam Bament

Is this site has Good DA (domain authority)?

You can try pinging the referring site & submit it manually to Google. It might help you in getting indexed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom