More threads by Dana Franks

Reaction score
One of our biggest clients is moving to a new location, and they have very well established Google Maps rankings in their area. We want to make sure that as many citations are corrected as possible quickly and consistently, so we are researching citation creation services. I've been looking at Whitespark's Citation Audit and Cleanup Service, Local Listing Ninja and Web 2.0 Ranker's citation cleanup service, and they seem to do what we're looking for - we do NOT want to get a pay-per-month service but instead a one-time payment service that will just handle it, including verifications. Has anyone used one of these or another service and had great results?

Last edited:
@Dana Franks, I recommend Whitespark's service. One of my helpers tends to handle most of the clean-up for clients, so I don't use the clean-up service by Whitespark, but I know what goes into the sausage, some of my clients have used the clean-up service, and I do use their "niche" citation-building service for certain clients.

Whether you see an uptick (in traffic, rankings, etc.) as a result of clean-up work is a separate question. Unless your clients are strong on pretty much everything else and the citations are real messy, you probably won't see a bump just from that. But having correct info at least on the basic sites is a good idea, so it's usually still worth the one-time expense (or chunk of work, if you do it in-house).

Thanks for the recommendation, Phil!

@Dana Franks we do a very thorough audit and cleanup on the top sites, and yes, we'll schedule and work through the phone verifications with the business. Another differentiator is our comprehensive NAP variation discovery process. We don't just use the NAP info you provided for the audit. We research to find all previously used and currently used names, addresses, and phone numbers for the business, then we find and clean up all the listings out there under any variation.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thanks!

Whitespark or BrightLocal

I use Brightlocal but they both work pretty well. The interface on brightlocal I like a little more

Thanks to everyone. We've gone ahead and purchased Whitespark for the big client, but we're also testing the aggregator push with BrightLocal for another client. We've done some correction stuff with BL in the past with individual citations but the slowness of turnaround time has been a bit of a turnoff. I'm hoping that doing it through the aggregators will streamline it a bit.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom