More threads by Eric Rohrback

Eric Rohrback

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey all,

What is the best way to change a phone number on a Google Places page? My initial instinct is to use the "report a problem" troubleshooter to try and get the data corrected on the page. I know if I manually change the number on the page dashboard, i'll need to re-verify the page (and potentially create another page w/ different cid#?).

Am I correct to use the report a problem link instead of changing the phone number in the dash? I feel like there is a high probability that duplicate pages could come up if I change it in the dash. Can someone confirm "report a problem" is the correct way to fix this or share insight on the best strategy?

Hi Eric,

If you only use the Report A Problem feature without changing in the places dash, it will just revert back to what's in the dash at some point.

In addition, the edit probably won't get approved because it doesn't match what's in the dash and all of your citations.

I would update the number in the dash and update all of your citations.

And if there is any way to NOT change the number at all, do that :)

Thanks Colan,

I have to change the number because the client initially lied to me on my local questionnaire, and didn't give me the correct number. He actually gave me a tracking number he was using for PPC. That guy also hard coded the PPC tracking number on the main website (such a mess....). I got him to change the number on the website, explained why it was dumb to do that - if you have the number everywhere you're clearly not tracking anything, lol. So now i'm back tracking and trying to clean up this mess... such fun...

Thanks for the help. I guess i'll need to re-verify the page :(

Totally agree with Colan. The number needs to be correct in dash, no way around changing it.

RAP is only used if it's correct in dash but wrong live.

Totally agree with Colan. The number needs to be correct in dash, no way around changing it.

RAP is only used if it's correct in dash but wrong live.
The only way a Google Reviewer will remove the phone number from the G+ Local page is if you cannot reach the business when calling the number and if it no longer is on the website. If the number appears to be valid they'll just add the new/correct number and leave the old one there.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom