More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Amenities.jpg

Google Shows New Amenities Display in Search

Google let us know last night that they just started showing a cool new amenities card in search.

Screenshot shows amentities for the The Fairmont Hotel when searching for: <a href="https://www.google.com/search?q=san+francisco+hotels&npsic=0&rflfq=1&tbm=lcl#rlfi=hd:2015-08-09%2C2015-08-10;si:932337608444387060">San Francisco hotels</a>.

The feature is self explanatory. We have not gotten any additional details yet, so I'm not certain what industries this shows up for. So far I believe it's just hotels. I did a quick search and don't see it for restaurants yet.

It's also not known at this point where that data is being pulled from. A 3rd party like Booking.com, I assume. But Tim Capper one of the new Google TCs asked Google, so if we get info I can share, I'll add it below.

Pretty handy feature for travelers don't you think???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Amenities.jpg

Thanks for sharing this we have a few clients in the housing market.

Oh thanks Will! We had not gotten a reply from Google yet.

And welcome too! Glad to have you join us!

Glad to hear they're getting the data direct. I was wondering where they would be stealing, I mean... pulling the data from :)

Overall I think it's a good upgrade and a better customer experience. Can we expect to see more of this roll out to other types of businesses soon?

Hotel Amenities Now On Google's Knowledge Graph

Hello guys,

Today I noticed something interesting and new for Europe in SERP - Google finally included Amenities in the Knowledge graphs of hotels.

Amenities in Europe.PNG

This is great by the time all the listed amenities are available in the hotel for sure. I can only suppose where Google pulls them from, e.g. Booking, TripAdvisor, hotels.com and etc.

Recently checked my Local Guide account and noticed that most of the questions there connected to the rated places, are about the amenities.

And now I begin to think that these answers, given by the local guides and the users in general, are important to what appears in the Knowledge Graph.

I'll be happy to hear your opinion on this : )

Amenities in Europe.PNG

Re: Hotel Amenities Now On Google's Knowledge Graph

Thanks for posting.

I broke the news about this back in July, so I'm going to merge your thread into that one, so we don't have a split convo about this feature.

Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for posting.

I broke the news about this back in July, so I'm going to merge your thread into that one, so we don't have a split convo about this feature.

Thanks again for sharing!

Thank you Linda :)

I just also wanted to ask if you have any idea whether it will be possible for these amenities to be edited or reported and actually where you think Google pull them.

Thank you in advance! :)

Pulled from 3rd party data and maybe Local guides. Mainly though I think from the 3rd party data provider that is giving Google the listing, like Trip Advisor or whoever.

If you just don't like one, Google won't change it. But if one is blatantly wrong, then calling support might be able to resolve it. Not sure if support can change those though.

Does anyone know if these amenities can be optimised via the questions one is asked after reviewing a place? eg. Does this place have wifi, does this place have meeting facilities etc.?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom