More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
This story went viral over the weekend. An employee was terminated for post a meme on Facebook on their day off.
Viral link. The troll army has responded by trashing the employer's GMB listing with negative reviews, crappy photos, Q&A, and by changing the name and category.

You always want to remain professional when communicating with a current or former employee. This business went viral for making bigger mistakes after firing the employee. This crisis could have been avoided entirely, however an employee at the business added more fuel to the fire.

I am dealing with a situation where a business owner contacted the new employer when a terminated employee posted a negative review. Their crisis too could have been avoided, had they contact me. Instead, the terminated employee posted on Facebook asking their friends to post 1-star negative reviews to trash the business. Had I been contacted, I would have had the review quietly removed as current and former employee reviews violated the TOS.

I hope everyone will pause a moment and think about the ramifications prior to engaging with people or getting upset. It's not worth it.

giphy.gif

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom