More threads by grasshoppersean

Reaction score
I was just having a look in the google local listing and my business is not in there. I have just verified my address because of a change of address about a week ago but if i look for my business in my area on the map its not there. does it take a while for it to show up or is there something else i need to do..

If you move you can lose ranking due to a major part of NAP changing. Also sometimes it makes you start over in the ranking cycle and can take 6 weeks to work back into the local database. So it could be one or the other or both.

Additionally sometimes when you move Google creates a new listing for you, so you need to check to see if there is a separate listing at the old address and if so mark that listing as moved and indicate the new address or link to the new listing.

Thanks Linda. As always you are very helpful. i have checked on google local/places and there seems to be no listing now at my old address and if i search for grasshopper garden services i come up on the map but not if i search that area for any of my services but one thing i noticed is st agnes is spelt different on my address on the left to the address that comes up with the marker. is that a problem.
listing.jpg

listing.jpg

Thanks Linda. As always you are very helpful. i have checked on google local/places and there seems to be no listing now at my old address and if i search for grasshopper garden services i come up on the map but not if i search that area for any of my services.

That's what normally happens on new listings that have not worked into the local database. You can find them with a phone or name + city search but not a KW search.

but one thing i noticed is st agnes is spelt different on my address on the left to the address that comes up with the marker. is that a problem.

I would not worry about that. Your address is hidden, St Agnes is just the neighborhood or specific region of town Google determines you are in and they can spell it or abbreviate it however they choose. Does not affect your listing.

Thank you for the quick response. i have another 6+ weeks before the gardening season starts to get busy for me so hopefully i have got all these thing in place and will be showing up well again in the listings. :D

i noticed on google maps yesterday it looked different, i was looking to see if i am showing on the map yet. when i searched for my business it came up but took me to the area where i used to live but there was no marker so i clicked on the suggest a edit and chose marker in wrong place. got a call a few hours ago from google confirming my address and business and now if i search for grasshopper there is a red symbol where my house is but i am not coming up under any of the services i offer yet but i guess it still a bit early. i was surprised how quickly they changed the info

local1.jpg
local2.jpg
i am starting to get really confused with my listing. When i now search for grasshopper garden services st agnes it says we could not find grasshopper ect. if i search for grasshopper garde services on its own it brings up another company locally Portreath Garden Machinery LtdNew Portreath Rd
Redruth TR16 4QL
United Kingdom

i am not sure if it something i am doing wrong or if its google.

local1.jpg

local2.jpg

What comes up when you search the business phone number in G Maps?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

i have just done a search using my mobile number and it comes up with with my business at the right address with a red circle over it. if i search for gardening services st agnes there is a purple circle above my address:confused:. i am unsure what that means. I have reported to google the issue about another business coming up when my business name is put in

Please click the link inside your Places dashboard that says view your listing on Google.
We need that link so we can see the listing.

"I have reported to google the issue about another business coming up when my business name is put in."

That was not a problem, that was Google guessing at anything that could be a possible match, because it could not find your listing at the time. Sometimes Google will come up with a whole list of other businesses if their name is somewhat similar.

The purple marker was just showing the location you last searched for.

Yes so visiting the link I can see it's live. (Please always include a link to your page with all your help threads. We can't really help without seeing it and end up wasting time guessing in the dark.

Your listing comes up for me, searching on maps by phone, and name + city and shows up for Landscaper St Agnes and Garden Services St Agnes.

So I think it's just working it's way back into the database after the move and whenever you move and NAP changes you'll always lose rank.

I don't know how addresses work there and I know yours is hidden as it should be. But on your listing the address is simply: St Agnes, United Kingdom.

Other listings I see cities listed like this: St Agnes, Cornwall TR5 0XL, United Kingdom. So is your address missing some info?

The other problem I noticed is that your site is not well optimized for St Agnes + keywords.

In fact the home title tag is for Cornwall and the wrong address is on the footer of every page of the site:
CONTACT
Grasshopper Garden Services Ltd.
20 Skinner Lane
Waltham, Grimsby
DN37 0EU

All that stuff will throw Google off track, especially if you have a new address on the place page. She has a hard time trusting that new address is correct if it's different on your own site.

Thank you for looking into that. I am waiting on my website guy to change the address on the footer of the site. I had an issue when I moved the business and the address on the site could not be changed untill last friday. In the places information I have my full address but it just shows st agnes on listing address. So it looks like it is all working fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom