More threads by Jason Rogers

Fascinating, Jason. Never noticed that before. The phrase "Business location information provided by" is only used for amex too. Would lead you to think Amex and FB did a deal...

Phil - Thanks for digging into this. This seems to be the crux of the answer, "Only qualifying American Express? Card accepting small businesses appear on the map."

SO, if a business accepts AmEx, I would think this is a great citation.

Here is a functioning map:
Amex Shop Small Map

It appears to be part of the AmEx Small Business Saturday campaign following Thanksgiving and their associated small biz push.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/shop-small/

Searching the map I found some genuine small businesses (Palettes restaurant at the Denver Art Museum) and not-so-local Tokyo Joe's.

Add "Do you accept AmEx?" to your new client questionnaire!

... Man, a shout out from Phil. I have arrived! :)

Good catch Jason and nice pick up Phil. Jason you are so cute!

Odd though that "business information provided by american express" in quotes, only 2 entries come up.
The thread here and one at Warrior forum.

I was searching to see how many FB pages OR other places had that phase, but none do. Or no indexable content anyway.

It does appear that there is little indexable content. The business names in the map search results are, but I'm not finding more than that.

Also, I have not been able to find any listings that are owner verified. Might those be displayed differently?

Interestingly, I can see some Yelp references in the page source, suggesting that there is something more happening, but what?
[h=2][/h]

Another local puzzle for us to try to figure out...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom