Business named after Video Game


iwritewebcopy

Forum Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
9
Good morning, I'm auditing Local SEO for a business named after a popular video game (not Fortnite but close.) Is there anything we can do on the Local SEO end to give them better ranking? I know content and SEO is going to help but they just do not show up in the search because they chose this name - and they are not willing to change the name. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on the matter. Monica
 

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
3,057
Hey Monica, that's a tough one from a branded search perspective. Does their knowledge panel pull if you search their brand with your search location set to their geographic area?

This shouldn't technically have a negative impact on their visibility for non-branded searches though.
 

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
1,425
@iwritewebcopy, nothing out of the ordinary. The same steps will help an unfortunately-named business as help any other business. (If only your client works with you to do those steps.)

I'd be curious to know what line of work your client is in. Naming a business after a video game has probably a 20% chance of being crafty and effective, a 40% chance of being cutesy and confusing, and a 40% chance of being a real bad idea and a legal liability.
 

Similar threads


Local Search Forum


Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe


Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group

Top