More threads by Monica Simpson

Reaction score
Good morning, I'm auditing Local SEO for a business named after a popular video game (not Fortnite but close.) Is there anything we can do on the Local SEO end to give them better ranking? I know content and SEO is going to help but they just do not show up in the search because they chose this name - and they are not willing to change the name. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on the matter. Monica

Hey Monica, that's a tough one from a branded search perspective. Does their knowledge panel pull if you search their brand with your search location set to their geographic area?

This shouldn't technically have a negative impact on their visibility for non-branded searches though.

@iwritewebcopy, nothing out of the ordinary. The same steps will help an unfortunately-named business as help any other business. (If only your client works with you to do those steps.)

I'd be curious to know what line of work your client is in. Naming a business after a video game has probably a 20% chance of being crafty and effective, a 40% chance of being cutesy and confusing, and a 40% chance of being a real bad idea and a legal liability.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom