Business not showing up in maps

AcmeMike

I have a well optimized GMB listing with quite a few reviews. However, when I open up Google maps and zoom in on our location, we're not showing up. I can see other businesses in our area, but not us. We've been in this location for 5-years now.

We are a SAB, but we do have a physical location entered into our profile.

Why doesn't Google display is with a pin? Anything I can do to get one?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
I have a well optimized GMB listing with quite a few reviews. However, when I open up Google maps and zoom in on our location, we're not showing up. I can see other businesses in our area, but not us. We've been in this location for 5-years now.

We are a SAB, but we do have a physical location entered into our profile.

Why doesn't Google display is with a pin? Anything I can do to get one?
1. Are you searching for the name of the business, or for a term for which you want to rank?

2. Is the problem that your Google My Business page doesn't show up in the sidebar, or that your map pin is not on the map?

AcmeMike

No map pin. But this is just when zooming in on our location, not from any search terms. When I zoom in, many of the surrounding businesses appear, but we do not. Just curious why this is.

BipperMedia

First, can you share your business name and location? this would help a lot in assessing what's going on.

From my experience, people who ask this question already have their business verified in Google Maps (a verified Google My Business listing)... so I'm assuming that is the case with you as well.

If not, then more than likely this is the reason why you aren't showing up in Google Maps.

Even though you have reviews and a well optimized GMB, there is still a slim chance your GMB isn't actually verified... can you confirm this? i.e. are you able to login to your GMB dashboard and manage your listing?

But... I'm going to assume your GMB is verified -- so let's continue to the next possible scenario.

The most common reason why your business isn't showing up on Google Maps is because your business simply lacks location authority. If your GMB listing (location) lacks location authority, you will have to be in close proximity or standing directly at your business location to appear in Google Maps.

In essence, location authority is the fuel that drives authority for your business to rank and get found in Google Maps at an increasing radius from your location.

You can read more about location authority here: https://bippermedia.com/location-authority/

Continuing on from there, we typically see 4 main reasons why businesses aren't showing up in Google Maps and they are:
  1. GMB Not Verified (already mentioned)
  2. No Location Authority (already mentioned)
  3. Your GMB is suspended
  4. You recently relocated your business
Again, these are just the 4 most common reasons we see as to why a business isn't showing up in Google Maps.

You can read / watch / listen more about this here: https://bippermedia.com/business-not-showing-on-google-maps/

But if you could share your business name and location, this would help me help you a lot more efficiently!

Thank you again...

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
@AcmeMike, it sounds like you've both shown your address and specified a service area. In that case, your map pin can in fact still show up, even if you're a service-area business. (I've got a couple of clients with that setup.)

Do you see the map pin in the knowledge panel (in the Maps preview) when you search for your business by name? In other words, don't start the search in Google Maps, but in the main search results.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group