More threads by AcmeMike

AcmeMike

Reaction score
I have a well optimized GMB listing with quite a few reviews. However, when I open up Google maps and zoom in on our location, we're not showing up. I can see other businesses in our area, but not us. We've been in this location for 5-years now.

We are a SAB, but we do have a physical location entered into our profile.

Why doesn't Google display is with a pin? Anything I can do to get one?

I have a well optimized GMB listing with quite a few reviews. However, when I open up Google maps and zoom in on our location, we're not showing up. I can see other businesses in our area, but not us. We've been in this location for 5-years now.

We are a SAB, but we do have a physical location entered into our profile.

Why doesn't Google display is with a pin? Anything I can do to get one?

1. Are you searching for the name of the business, or for a term for which you want to rank?

2. Is the problem that your Google My Business page doesn't show up in the sidebar, or that your map pin is not on the map?

No map pin. But this is just when zooming in on our location, not from any search terms. When I zoom in, many of the surrounding businesses appear, but we do not. Just curious why this is.

Service area businesses don't get map pins unless you decide to show your address. You are only supposed to show the address if the location is staffed during your open hours and if customers show up there.

@AcmeMike, it sounds like you've both shown your address and specified a service area. In that case, your map pin can in fact still show up, even if you're a service-area business. (I've got a couple of clients with that setup.)

Do you see the map pin in the knowledge panel (in the Maps preview) when you search for your business by name? In other words, don't start the search in Google Maps, but in the main search results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom