More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
We have a client who operates 5 car washes in the area. They also have an administrative office in town. I'm pretty certain that according to Google's guidelines, we're not going to be able to get the 5 locations verified in GMB. Since MapMaker is now closed and that's no longer an option, does anyone have any ideas on how to get these locations verified? Is it no longer possible through any avenues? Thanks!

Hi FT,

I believe movie rental kiosks and ATMs, both unmanned, are allowed. But have never dealt with the situation. Also am not sure how to get verified if no one is at the address to get postcard.

Let's see if others will weigh in who may have dealt with a similar situation.

The general road in for businesses without a mailing address is to request the postcard, wait 14 days, and then contact Google My Business support on Twitter, Facebook, or Phone and ask for an alternative verification route. I haven't dealt with unmanned locations either though, but I see plenty of unmanned car washes around my own city at least. My guess is it's valid for the same reason that ATMs and such are, as Linda pointed out.

I'm asking for the official Google party line on whether unmanned car washes are allowed, I'll let you know what I hear back.

Hi FT,

I believe movie rental kiosks and ATMs, both unmanned, are allowed. But have never dealt with the situation. Also am not sure how to get verified if no one is at the address to get postcard.

Let's see if others will weigh in who may have dealt with a similar situation.
I agree with Linda. I think this would fall under the same scenario as a rental kiosk. You could also add the locations directly via Google Maps, instead of GMB.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just heard back from the Google community manager. Official word is that unmanned car washes are allowed, as long as there's a phone number for support when customers run into problems. My suggestion to request the postcard, wait 14 days, and then contact support for the alternative verification route is best practice in this case, do that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom