More threads by jkirklandlvox

Reaction score
I am wondering what I should do with a business that will be opening in a few months but cannot receive mail as of yet. I want to get a Google+ page up and get some activity going, but I want to make sure I go about this the right way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't do it. You run the risk of Google finding out and then suspending the account. It was suck to put all that work into promoting the business and then have Google smack you. Work on citations and promote through social media channels and when the business opens create a G+.

Yes the guys are right you can't have a Place page AKA G+ Local page until it's open for business or at most 2 weeks before opening.

You could however start a brand page - A Google+ Business page but NOT in the local category. Then you could start doing social.

BUT it would not rank or anything.

AND the other problem is that if you build up lots of posts, and circles and likes, none of that can be transferred to or merged with the G+ Local page once you open.

Spend this time creating social buzz about the business. G+ local pages are more for giving directions and information to people searching for something right now.

There's lots you can do do create buzz, though.

I would create all the listings, have them ready to verify at opening.

Not ideal to do it this early because even if he does not verify,
it will still create a remnant (basically dead) G+ page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom