More threads by CraigJMount

CraigJMount

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Howdy gang,

When did Google bring this feature into the Google My Business dashboard mix? Does anyone know?

I have not seen that before. We create posts for all of our clients though. Was that on the dashboard for a company that was not currently creating posts?

It looks like the first time people spotted this was back in September 2018. Somehow I missed putting it on my timeline so I'll update that :)

I have not seen that before. We create posts for all of our clients though. Was that on the dashboard for a company that was not currently creating posts?
That is a great question. It was. This company had not posted prior.

That is a great question. It was. This company had not posted prior.

I thought so. That's probably Google's way of trying to get the company to "get with it and start posting".

I've seen that before as well. It seems an effective FOMO tactic.

Crap, I'll credit you instead Andy! 😃

I wonder if we can glean any SEO insights from the other businesses that Google is considering "like yours". Some of them are on target, but others are laughable!

I wonder if we can glean any SEO insights from the other businesses that Google is considering "like yours". Some of them are on target, but others are laughable!

I just use it as part of my competitor analysis I do for each client and see what they are posting i.e. is it similar to what my client is posting, do they post on a regular basis, are our posts better, etc.

Been seeing these for at least 6 months. Each time I post one I see that right below and thought it was a nice feature to give more ideas on what law firms were using theirs for. Not surprisingly most of them were terrible looking ads rather than company announcements or product/service driven

I confirm that this shows on all profiles I manage which DO NOT do posts. The niche doesn't seem to matter.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom