More threads by CarrieHill

CarrieHill

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Earlier this month @DickHannah (Paul) posted about an issue Auto dealers were facing where the service or parts department GMBs were showing for a branded search instead of the main car dealer listing (Multiple Departments at a single address - Automotive - Local Search Forum).

It's worth noting that this is NOT captive only to automotive categories. We're seeing it for big-box retailers like Walmarts that have optical & pharmacy departments, healthcare/hospital complexes that have multiple departments/clinics that have their own GMB listings, hotels that have restaurants & spas on-site, etc.

Joy brought these other categories to the attention of Danny Sullivan this week but received the canned "we're looking at it" answer.... again.....

Are there any other categories where you're seeing these "disordered" results?

I’ve absolutely been noticing this in healthcare too. Urgent care and eye, for example, would show up instead of a medical center. I had at first wondered if it had to do with foot traffic differences due to Covid but if it’s affecting Walmart that doesn’t really make sense...

@Peter Hill I think @JoyHawkins was talking about seeing some of this get resolved. We'd love to see some before/after examples if you have them!

Carrie

A lot of people are saying the issue is fixed but there are still several examples that aren't.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom