More threads by snysarah

snysarah

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been having an issue with importing CallRail goals from Google Analytics into Google Ads. While I found out on Friday that the goal needs to be named "Phone Call" for this integration to work, I still am not having success. Has anyone had this problem and actually resolved it? I've been working with Google and CallRail for the past couple of months. Thanks.

Are your CallRail calls going into your Analytics properly? They get sent as an Event first, and you have to create a Goal to match the Event.

This is how I have setup a Goal:
1546881026263.png

Thanks Yan. They actually are showing through properly in Analytics. Something's happening between Analytics and Google Ads. For example, in the last 7 days I've had 27 calls in Analytics and 0 in Google Ads.

I'm wondering since renaming the goal per CallRail's advice if I need to unlink and relink Adwords/Analytics. Or create a brand new goal. Those may be my next steps.

Ok, np. I don't usually do the Adwords connection part, so not sure...
Are you sure you are linked to the correct Analytics View?

I am, as the other goals in the view are working. I just created a new goal and imported - fingers crossed! :)

Think we figured out - while I had the Google Analytics integration activated in the CallRail account, I didn't have the Google Ads integration activated. Here's hoping that works! :)

One other thing to check, Sarah, if this doesn't solve the problem: Is analytics showing the source/medium as Google/CPC?

I've noticed sometimes with Call Tracking Metrics, I have everything set up on the Google side, but the conversions I was hoping would show up in Google Ads were showing a direct/none source/medium in analytics, so Ads wouldn't import them as conversions. Something you've probably already checked, just wanted to throw it in there!

I never set up Callrail with Google Analytics?

Is this only for ads where they show a unique number every time someone visits?

Hey Joshua - by setting up Callrail with Google Analytics you can see all your calls in Google Analytics. This is helpful if you use conversion goals in Google Analytics and want to see calls as part of your reporting data.

Callrail typically assigns automatically no matter what kind of tracking you're doing, or you can assign manually.

I would also utilize the First Time Calls tracking as I find I prefer to optimize around that rather than all calls: 2019-03-23_0753

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom