More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
If a Google My Business company page was set up as a brand page, because it really offers services to anyone, anywhere, like most SEO companies, then is it possible for Google users to post Google reviews for it?

Yeah.... I was afraid of that.

Based on (apparently bad) advice I received on the Google+ For Small Business community, last year, I did create my SEO company page as a "Brand page", <sigh>

Now that I have a few clients and would like to ask them for reviews, I find that they cannot leave reviews for my business because the page is a brand page.

That's no bueno.

Is there a way to convert a "brand page" to a local one? It looks like virtually all SEO companies use local pages, and I just missed the boat here by using a brand page.

If not, is there any real risk in just creating a second, "local" page for the business and then phasing out the brand page?

In your case you do work with some local customers, not just national right?

There are 2 ways to go. An easy way and a harder way. Depends on if you have built up followers and have lots of posts and stuff on your brand page and want to keep it. That's the harder way. Let me know so I don't waste carpal explaining if you don't care too much about the brand page.

In your case you do work with some local customers, not just national right?..

Yes.

There are 2 ways to go. An easy way and a harder way. Depends on if you have built up followers and have lots of posts and stuff on your brand page and want to keep it. That's the harder way. Let me know so I don't waste carpal explaining if you don't care too much about the brand page.

I would be ok with abandoning the brand page. There are a number of posts there but only a small number of followers. The posts are all just shares from blog posts on our website.

Shall I just create a new "local" page to replace the old brand page, and then delete the brand page?

Well technically there is not anything wrong with having both. But it's unneeded and could cause customer confusion. Plus ideally you want your social on the same page with reviews.

So yes I'd just do that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom