More threads by Chris B

Reaction score
Does anyone know how or if, a client can add me to their google local plus page as a 2nd admin/user, they have already verified and really dont want to hand over their password bc its on their google plus personal page.

Thanks

Chris

Let me make sure I know which page you mean.

You said "google local plus page" and there is no such thing BUT I know it's uber confusing.

A) Do you mean their G+ Local page (managed in the Places dashboard)
B) Or their G+ Business page with category set as Local Page?

I assumed you meant place page but there is no such thing as 2nd user or admin on that page so made me think maybe you were asking about the latter??? :confused:

Yes, it can be quite confusing :)

A) Do you mean their G+ Local page (managed in the Places dashboard)....that is what I mean.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for confirming Chris.

No there is no way currently with the Places dashboard. I've only had 2 clients even express any concerns and I just worked to build trust. I explained it's the only way for me to help them and I am far too busy to do anything but log in and work on their Place page. Even if I had time to, my ethics would never allow me to look at their emails. And that was enough and they always gave me access.

Hi Linda,

I am following up on this one, I was able to get the customers password but now have realized that she must have used a different email for her G+ Local page b/c this one only gets me into her personal Plus profile acct.

What is the best way to handle this one? Should I report a problem and let them know I want the personal profile acct to be the same for the G+ local page and to combine it?

Thanks.

Chris

Don't think you can do that and def not via troubleshooter.

No prob if in diff accts. Can still merge.

(Sorry rushing late for appt then out rest of day)

Can you get the UN and PW for the Google Account that created the G+Local/Places page or not?

Did your client already create a local G+ Business page (the social one) using her G+Profile?

Does she want to use the G+Profile as her public face for the business?

Can you get the UN and PW for the Google Account that created the G+Local/Places page or not?

Did your client already create a local G+ Business page (the social one) using her G+Profile?

Does she want to use the G+Profile as her public face for the business?

Thanks Linda and Keenan...

She does not have the current username or pw for the G+local/places account.

She has not created a local G+ Business page using her G+profile. that is one of the things I will be doing for her.

She does want to user her G+profile as her public face of the business.

Linda, when I have usually created a 2nd user and then merged the accounts, it was done when there was hardly anything done on the G+local page but this client has quite a bit done. I just need to finish up videos and add some categories for her and a few other minor tweaks. Oh, and probably reupload some pics with kws in the file names.

I mention this bc when I went to go claim it yesterday, it appeared that it was making me start over and a little fretful of that since she isn't doing all tha bad right now.

Is there a way to switch out usernames and passwords and not lose any of the previous work.

Thanks,

Chris

So no one can access the Dashboard, correct?

Claim it - don't add any detail, just pick 1 category and complete only the required fields.
Submit

The content that appears in the listing online will not change.

You'll either get to verify by phone or mail.

If waiting for mail, create the G+Business page from her G+profile.
Make sure you choose the local category.

Once you PIN verify, you can add/update the additional details. These will override what is currently displayed. Don't be surprised if photos don't appear right away. Do not upload any videos.

You're all set.

If you choose (and the business qualifies), you can proceed with the Upgrade/Merger of the +Local and G+Business pages.

Chris,

It was claimed and when you said quite a bit was done, you mean images, description, etc?
But you could not get password?

So essentially you just reclaimed in new account. You are starting over. No way to switch out usernames and passwords and not lose any of the previous work.

Plus having it claimed in 2 accounts is technically a violation and can cause a variety of problems. (Like data that changes on you, inability to reply to reviews sometimes and more.) Be sure to poke the new one on a regular basis and if it keeps having buggy problems, use troubleshooter to have them UNverify the other account that you can't find the PW to.

You said "I just need to finish up videos"

Videos have been disabled for a couple months now so I would not bother adding. They don't show any more.

Thank you for the replies... Yes to no one can access the dashboard.

It was claimed probably about 6 months ago by the owner but she has no clue the email she used, she thought it was her main one but it does not give access to the dashboard.

I have not reclaimed anything bc of the fear of losing what she has at the moment and do not want to start over...shes a pesky client and that would not be good. So I'm needing the best way to proceed in a situation like this where I just need to add photos and categories and possibly touch up her description.

And thanks for the Videos explanation, always found them to be a pain to make and just thought it was a new google glitch and they would be adding them later.

Thanks again,

Chris

And thanks for the Videos explanation, always found them to be a pain to make and just thought it was a new google glitch and they would be adding them later.

They are disabled on old platform but once you merge or upgrade to G+ should be able to add them. They just don't work if added in current Places dash.

Oh, you gotta just love customers, so I decided to do a account lookup option for usernames and she replied back with... oh, its associated with my personal email address that I dont want to use for this bc its my personal. so at least i got in there now.

now to switch out her emails, can i use this..

Google Accounts and change it out there?

Thanks,

Chris

Oh, you gotta just love customers, so I decided to do a account lookup option for usernames and she replied back with... oh, its associated with my personal email address that I dont want to use for this bc its my personal. so at least i got in there now.

now to switch out her emails, can i use this..

Google Accounts and change it out there?

Thanks,

Chris

WAIT That's what you told us the very 1st post was that she didn't want to give you pass due to it being personal. So we circled back around to that same account after all???

Re switching out emails - Not so sure about that. Proceed with caution. (Not saying don't just saying not sure and I've never tried and I'd be careful.)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom