More threads by Jurant Dika

I don't usually work on restaurants, but I will chime in since no one else has yet..

First thing to check is if that first result have Pizza as one of their secondary categories?

If that is not the case, I think it's because the zip code in the search is restricting the results, and/or even acting as its own keyword in the results.

First image is what I see when clicking your link. Second image is without the 'NY 11225' and zoomed is a fair bit.

The Food Sermon does not show in the second image. If you zoom further in, it will show.

But actually it might be because it has a strong listing, plus their website has their address bolded (none of the other top pizza websites have theirs in bold) which may be giving strength to a zip code in the search. especially since there is not much content on the page.

1549382024723.png

1549382201467.png

1549383038581.png

Thanks for checking Yan,
Actually, The Food Sermon has only one GMB category (Caribbean restaurant), without any other additional ones, meaning there isn't "pizza" at this listing.
But yeah, it seems that if on search you exclude the zip code, the store doesn't appear on maps, which is again weird, I must say.
Is it usually as you said that "the zip code in the search is restricting the results, and/or even acting as its own keyword in the results", or I am lucky to find something unique in the Google local ecosystem ;)?!
Regards

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom