More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
@mblumenthal has stated that there is a ranking benefit once a business gets ten Google reviews. I came across an interesting SEO test. What would happen is a business dropped below ten reviews. I was advised on June 23rd that a local business had been offering gifts in exchange for Google reviews. On June 23rd, they had 14 5-star Google reviews. On June 27th, Google removed ten reviews and dropped them down to four reviews. I ran PlacesScout rankings reports on June 27th, and there were no ranking changes. I ran a new report today, and the business lost its rankings.

For the businesses that I have removed reviews for, I have never seen any results. One business went from 1300 down to 650, twice and not once did they lose any rankings, even when they went from a 4.9 to a 4.7.

GoogleMaps_massage-charleston_06222023_07072023.gif

GoogleMaps_charleston-massage_06222023_07072023.gif

GoogleMaps_mobile-massage_06222023_07072023.gif

I would love to see above/below 100 results

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom