Checklist: keeping Google+ reviews from being filtered

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Can anyone think of any points worth adding to the ?how to avoid the Google+ review filter? checklist I posted this morning?

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.localvisibilitysystem.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2Favoid-google-plus-review-filter.jpg&hash=0d7fbd09696465ffdd0081d8c8f594af

Nick.SEOSpark

Forum Member
Excellent Resource Phil!

I've been on vacation so I'm just catching up with things and I've got another 3 of your posts to read!

Hmm, your list was very comprehensive so it's tricky to think of any more. Racking my brains trying to think of more but I think you have it covered!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
This is my list of reasons why reviews get filtered (based on helping on the Google forum):

• The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
  • The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
  • The person who wrote the review works for you
  • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
  • The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
  • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
  • You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
  • All the people reviewing you are clicking on a link from an email signature
  • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
  • The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
  • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
  • You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
  • You have literally no reviews anywhere else online but tons on Google
  • You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
  • Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Thanks, Joy. Great list. I really liked the post you did on this last year.