Citiation question

Bishop

Forum Member
Expressupdate.com has a free service that is suppose to update their directory partners when you make a change (right?). They also have a paid service, is this paid service the same as the free service, just faster?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
That's essentially right: the paid service is supposed to push updates more quickly. And that's only because it's a white-labeled version of Yext - with all the pros and cons thereof.

Big.Joe

Forum Member
I imagine people sign up for 1 month to get their info pushed quickly and then cancel afterwards.

They must some sort of safeguard? Right?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
I imagine people sign up for 1 month to get their info pushed quickly and then cancel afterwards.

They must some sort of safeguard? Right?
There is. Your listings go unclaimed, in some cases reverting back to having incorrect info.

Bishop

Forum Member
That's essentially right: the paid service is supposed to push updates more quickly. And that's only because it's a white-labeled version of Yext - with all the pros and cons thereof.
Thank you Phil!
What do you mean by "white-labeled version"?

That makes sense... I had no idea that infogroup was just buying into Yext's program. I thought they were a stand-alone option. So what does the free listing give you? Same benefits?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
That makes sense... I had no idea that infogroup was just buying into Yext's program. I thought they were a stand-alone option. So what does the free listing give you? Same benefits?
My understanding is that all the paid deal (i.e. the white-labeled Yext) gets you is speed. The free listing just isn't processed as quickly.