More threads by Conor Treacy

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a client that is re-starting their business. They ran from 2010-1017 and built up 58 reviews in Google Maps.
In 2017, they were moving out of country and so they closed the company (hair stylist).

In September 2019, they have moved back to the US and restarted their business.

Can they re-claim the old "Permanently Closed" location, move it to the new office location (1 mile away) and continue on with those old reviews, or are they forced to open a new GMB?

Since it's a hairstylist, they're the same person. The reviews were for the individual, so that hasn't affected things either. More the issue is in claiming the closed location and reopening.

Anyone done this before? Any issues with this process?

If they still have it in their dashboard they can just click on "Reopen location."
Yeah, they're hunting for old emails that may contain the old login information.

There's a "Claim this business" link on their knowledgepanel currently, but they're hunting for old login info before using that route.

@Rich Owings suggestions is what I would look into first. If you can't find it, claim it through the KP. You might need to suggest an edit to re-open it first but either way you have a path forward.

There's a "Claim this business" link on their knowledgepanel currently, but they're hunting for old login info before using that route.

If the "claim this business" link is there, it means the listing isn't verified so I wouldn't spend time trying to track down an account. I'd do what Colan said and open it first and then claim it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom