More threads by Yourname

Reaction score
Here's a situation:

ABC Plumbing in Small Town, Ontario shows up for some keywords in the 3 pack within Small Town, Ontario and some other small towns around it.

But when you go to other towns in Ontario and search for the same keywords, the competitors show up in the 3 pack and ABC Plumbing is nowhere to be seen. And this is not just in Small Town. This is across a lot of towns in Ontario where the competitors show up aggressively in the 3 pack.

So, obviously, the citation game with these competitors are super strong.

Low hanging fruit strategy is to find theirs and go get 'em for ABC plumbing because ABC plumbing has:
  1. An amazingly optimized GMB
  2. Some initial citations done long ago
  3. More reviews
  4. Higher than competitors average review score (4.9)
  5. Better website
  6. Better content strategy

Where I'm breaking down is how to find these competitor citations. And also, if I'm on the right track theoretically.

Regarding the rankings can you give us a few examples of the query you are searching and the search location?

Regarding competitor citations: both Bright Local and Whitespark have tools that can show how your citations stack up against the top competitors.

Here's a situation:
Where I'm breaking down is how to find these competitor citations. And also, if I'm on the right track theoretically.

BrightLocal has citation tracking tools that reveal competitor's active citations. I'm in some very competitive niches, and, it has shown as many as 1200 active citations for my competitors.

Perhaps this is what you are looking for?

And yes, for me, citation volume and strength seems to be highly correlated to local ranking over wide areas.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom