More threads by Randy Kirk

Reaction score
Associates not paying attention got a location for one of our lawyers set up on Google+ Page with no Google Places Page. Another associate set up a Google Places page on a different account. We have asked for post card twice, but none has come.

1st question. Does it matter if G+ page and G Places Page are in same account?

The G+ account is very robust with 28 reviews and score of 30. Obviously want to preserve that. On the other hand, with no Places page, it isn't showing up anywhere on search.

Since the Places page hasn't been verified, we could move the places page effort over to the other account. Assuming we get a post card and confirm, should we let the new Places page germinate for a bit before trying to merge? Or ?

As always, Linda, thanks for what you are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Randy you were posting in a general discussion and this is more help on a specific listing AND I think it's going to get complicated.

"1st question. Does it matter if G+ page and G Places Page are in same account?1st question. Does it matter if G+ page and G Places Page are in same account?"

No does not matter at all.

"The G+ account is very robust with 28 reviews and score of 30. Obviously want to preserve that. On the other hand, with no Places page, it isn't showing up anywhere on search."

That's confusing to me. G+ pages don't have reviews. You say there is no Place page but there has to be for there to be reviews. OR if they set up a G+ page and there WAS no Place page at all before then it would be a merged/verified page.

BUT if that was the case and there was never a Place page they could not magically INSTANTLY have 28 reviews. There would be no place for anyone to leave a review.

Please post links to both pages, so I can see exactly what we are talking about because this is not making sense to me.

This is the page I get when I look him up from within a Google+ account

https://plus.google.com/100599388765865962902/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

You can see the reviews.

If I use the phone number from this Plus listing in the set up for Places, it says it doesn't recognize it. If I use the phone number in the maps lookup, it doesn't recognize it.

However, from within his personal Google+ account, there is this listing, but it won't allow me to change the content.

https://plus.google.com/b/100599388765865962902/100599388765865962902/posts

I thought Google Places was confusing. This is just crazy. What do folks who don't study this do???

Randy, those aren't 2 different listings - both links above go to the same listing.

And it's a VERIFIED G+ Business page - so in other words it's MERGED with the Place page already - that's why there are reviews.

But there is a big problem because there is NO address. Not even city. It just says United States. And the edit details link does not work either. So I checked MM And there is no MM entry either! I don't know how a listing can be on maps and be a merged G+ page if there is no MM entry. So that listing has some problems.

PLUS this practice has multiple locations: Gilbert & Smallman PLLC - Google Maps
All the listings are merged/verified in G+.

You are not supposed to merge/verify multi-location businesses.

So not really sure what your guys did or how this all happened.

Yes, there is definitely confusion. I generally attempt to be on the leading edge, but this time, I'm afraid it wasn't such a good idea. We created Google+ business pages practically the first week the were available. It may be that my associate created the multiple G+ pages prior to knowing that wasn't ok.

However, currently, the other two locations are showing up in Google Places search and getting traffic. Only Miami is not. I can find no evidence of Miami in any analytics under any of their Google accounts. And, as noted, I can't change the information on this one to even update the address.

Aggghhh. I'll love the day that Google turns out completed products instead of having the business community fix their products on the fly.

"It may be that my associate created the multiple G+ pages prior to knowing that wasn't ok."

Well it's not like they tell you anywhere you or a biz owner would see it. Less than 1% of SMBs or even consultants happen to catch an occasional post in the forum. That is NOT adequate messaging and it is NOT notifying listing managers. It's a JOKE!

"I can find no evidence of Miami in any analytics under any of their Google accounts."

SORRY I was just doing more research and edited above so you may not have seen the changes. But you can't find it because there is no MM record. So I don't know how it can be showing as verified and show up on maps if it's not in MM.

Let's see if one of the MM RERs have any idea what's up.

Linda
Doing some serious reading to try to catch up.
Any chance of a glossary on the forum here?
MM?
RER?

By the way, I have email notification of updates switched on in my forum Profile but am not getting notifications.

RER stands for regional expert reviewer, and MM for[FONT=arial, sans-serif]my map(or google's map that I created [/FONT]:D[FONT=arial, sans-serif] . Here's a basic list of things for wannabe eggheads [/FONT]http://getlisted.org/resources/glossary.aspx[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Thanks MunishDev.

Actually when I say MM I mean Map Maker. Sorry for short hand.
Short on time AND severe carpal probs.

Bruce notification of replies in your forum profile only works for threads you are active in. If not getting, check spam filter or white list. If still having prob, please post down in the bottom forum news and help section so my admin can help. I'm crazed and behind sched from being down for a week.

You can get forum RSS feed to be notified of ALL new posts.

Randy they must be busy or maybe missed this. They'll help when they can if they see this post.

This is the page I get when I look him up from within a Google+ account

https://plus.google.com/100599388765865962902/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

You can see the reviews.

If I use the phone number from this Plus listing in the set up for Places, it says it doesn't recognize it. If I use the phone number in the maps lookup, it doesn't recognize it.

However, from within his personal Google+ account, there is this listing, but it won't allow me to change the content.

https://plus.google.com/b/100599388765865962902/100599388765865962902/posts

I thought Google Places was confusing. This is just crazy. What do folks who don't study this do???
They are both tied to a GMM (Google Map Maker) feature that doesn't exist. It is corrupt likely because on the Places/G+Local side there is something screwy. I think they might be merged with the Miami feature.

It does seem odd that they have 3 offices? How does that work. Seems like an expensive operation for 3 lawyers. Are each one in a separate office?

The only GMM feature I could find is: https://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x88d9a97e8f51a433:0xbda83a05af811752

Randy we tried a couple times and are now up to post #14. But honestly I think this one is too complicated to go back and forth trying to get free help on a forum.

You need to hire someone for consulting that can take the time to get a complete history, see the dashboards, try to piece together the sequence of events and advise. Then due to the issues Andrew mentioned this one might need some Map Maker help as well. But sounds like Andrew has questions about whether all these locations are legit to begin with, which could be part of the core problem.

You may want to PM Andrew and see if he does consulting on cases like this and could help you. Sorry, but I'm too backed up due to my PC crash to take on a complicated case like this right now. If he can't and I can't, then the other option is Mike Blumenthal after he returns from his trip.

Can anyone help me on this one?
The Hollywood location G+L/Business page points to this GMM feature. As Linda pointed out I have concerns with how the firm is structured physically with three offices. Let me know if you would like my help further but it seems that after my GMM edit to the Hollywood location things are okay with that one (not sure if there was anything wrong with it to begin with).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom