More threads by Brittany Barkes

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry if this isn't in the best thread. We have a dentistry client who is wondering if the fact that they are in a new shopping center could be affecting their local organic visibility, which isn't something I had thought about.

A little background--

* The practice is called Kip Dental & Orthodontics in Littleton, CO. See on map.
* The practice opened in April so it is still fairly new.
* There does appear to be a lot of competition in the immediate area. Littleton in general is a competitive market and the location of this practice is pretty far to the west of the city center.
* There's been some concern about organic traffic and overall visibility of the GMB listing, since it appears low (if at all) in most searches.

Apparently the shopping center that the practice is in is pretty new. When you look on Google Maps Streetview it appears that only the Dunkin Donuts is showing since the shot was taken before the practice open. Does anyone have insight on if this could affect anything? I still feel like competition/location/and just the fact that practice is new are the biggest factors.

Hi @Brittany Boom,

I still feel like competition/location/and just the fact that practice is new are the biggest factors.

I'd say you are probably right for the most part. I would get some optimized content on the home page though. I would also shorten the title tag a bit. It's being truncated, and could affect click through. The meta is also being truncated as well, but you could rearrange that so that it shows the accepting new patients announcement, or highlights the excellent new patient specials.

The doctor profiles sections are a bit thin as well. You really want to highlight the expertise, trustworthiness, and authoritativeness of the doctors since they are ultimately the ones who are going to be responsible for the content, and this is a YMYL site. You can start by fleshing out their profiles (where they went to school, any honors/awards, etc), and working on earning reviews across the Web (not just on Google, Yelp etc).

I hope this helps!

Hi @Brittany Boom,

I'd say you are probably right for the most part. I would get some optimized content on the home page though. I would also shorten the title tag a bit. It's being truncated, and could affect click through. The meta is also being truncated as well, but you could rearrange that so that it shows the accepting new patients announcement, or highlights the excellent new patient specials.

The doctor profiles sections are a bit thin as well. You really want to highlight the expertise, trustworthiness, and authoritativeness of the doctors since they are ultimately the ones who are going to be responsible for the content, and this is a YMYL site. You can start by fleshing out their profiles (where they went to school, any honors/awards, etc), and working on earning reviews across the Web (not just on Google, Yelp etc).

I hope this helps!

Thanks @Cherie Dickey !

I do think those are things that could help for sure, so I appreciate it. I'm still wondering if the point about being in a brand new building/shopping center could have any effect on GMB visibility, but I don't know that there's a definitive answer on that.

@Brittany Boom, the chances are slim to none that the newness of the shopping center is affecting your client's visibility. Google is used to seeing businesses pop up in new locations all the time, whether in an office building, a residence (if a home-based business), or wherever. Businesses at "new" locations rank just fine.

Rather, I've found that the issue with businesses in your client's situation is a lack of good links and reviews (and then you've got to allow time for Google to digest that work). He/she will have very little visibility for a while (if at all) if the only irons in the fire are the listings and the site.

@Brittany Boom,

Rather, I've found that the issue with businesses in your client's situation is a lack of good links and reviews (and then you've got to allow time for Google to digest that work). He/she will have very little visibility for a while (if at all) if the only irons in the fire are the listings and the site.

Thanks @Phil Rozek ! I agree that I just think it's going to take a little time to build up the visibility. This particular practice just seems to be one of the slower ones we have worked with, but again, seems to be competitive in a very small radius.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom