More threads by Lachlan_Wells

Lachlan_Wells

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have several clients who target multiple languages on their website, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this on GMB yet. You can suggest translations of the business name (discussed in this post) but I believe you can still only have one landing page in one language, excluding reservation links.

Would anyone recommend creating duplicate listings so we can link them to the alternative language homepage, as well as have translated product listings and culturally relevant posts? It would be interesting to find out whether the local algo can pick the most appropriate version, as the main algo does with the help of hreflang, or whether possum would just wipe all the duplicates out.

Hey @Lachlan_Wells i been dealing with this also. In my case all the websites has hreflang, thats one of the most important thing for us.
In most cases (only few exceptions) I put the language where the business is located. Being Local SEO i think is the best option to put it in the language of the location.

My few exceptions that i put the website in other language that is not the one of the location (not sure if its the most appropriate way but 🤷‍♀️ ) is when the main market speaks another language. I managed hotels so i have cases for example in the Caribbean (in a country that speaks spanish). 85% of my clientes are from the US, and the rest from different places, and very few amount of spanish speaker. So in this case i put my landing in the english us version.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom