More threads by jrobbins

Solutions
Reaction score
My customer has hired another SEO layer/firm that deals with reviews. In the last 24-48 hours (and I am NOT exaggerating), I have received roughly 70 5-Star G reviews for various locations. They only have 59 locations. None of the reviews provide content, just the 5-Stars...This is beyond curious to me. Should I inform my client that there might be some funny business gong on? What recourse do I have? This just does not pass the "smell test"..

I definitely would have a conversation with my client about the consequences of unnatural reviews. Aside from having your GMB listing suspended, and losing legitimate reviews in the process, it's also against the law in some countries to purchase reviews. Depending on your relationship with the client, I would also ask them who they hired, and if they are willing to share their documentation from this company so that you can review it.

As for recourse, I'm not aware of anything you can do aside from strongly advising your client, and making sure it's clear that you are not responsible for any damage the other company causes. But if anything does happen to the listing, you may end up being the person who cleans that mess up. I would make sure to charge for it though.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom