More threads by kkielty

kkielty

Reaction score
Hello. My Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations. What is the easiest way to do this or do I need to log into each and everyone and change the phone number. I also need a way to tell how many citations he has and which ones are worth updating. He has normal citations but he also has vanity citations where he is targeting search terms like: category + consultant+ city. Does anyone have any advise?

Kevin

I would not suggest doing this. It's way too much effort and could cause issues down the road if you have to keep track of that many call tracking numbers. I'd only suggest using call tracking on Google and maybe 1 or 2 other sites if needed.

I agree with Joy and would not suggest doing this. What's the point? Is it so your client can see how many calls these other directories are driving? It's likely a very very low number, and the amount of effort required to update all your citations so you can get this nearly useless data is not worth it.

I definitely recommend a call tracking number on GMB though. You would add the tracking number as the primary number in GMB, and add the business's real number as an additional number.

Can you explain more about what you mean by "normal citations" and "vanity citations"? Would he have two or more different citations on the same site? If so, do they have different addresses and phone numbers too?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom