More threads by Fred Hofstetter

Reaction score
So deduplication is currently a hot topic in reference to featured snippets.

What is the likelihood Google pursues deduplication in local/maps pack listings + traditional organic results immediately below?

Could be a mess given the GMB listing URL rarely matches (probably?) the URL of the ranking page below. URL deduplication =/= domain or business deduplication.

I could argue either way. Any thoughts?

I don't see any reason they would do that, the results in the local pack and the results in the organic listings offer options for users with two different intents.

The reason they deduped (or are trying to) listings on page 1 that have a featured snippet is because there would be redundancy there and thusly not helpful to the user.

When a local pack is displayed on any given SERP it gets about 80% of clicks but the users who go to an organic listing have a completely different intent.

Why do you think deduping would happen there?

I doubt that would happen anytime soon if at all. Organic and Maps algorithms operate separately. I can't imagine how many Google departments it would take to work together to crosscheck results like that, lol.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom