More threads by Marissa

Marissa

Reaction score
If I click "Remove listing" from one of my GMB profiles, will that delete it permanently in search, or will it only remove it from my account and still show up in search?

remove listing.JPG

Similarly, if I have a duplicate listing that Google support said they won't merge into the live listing, and I click on the "Remove listing" button from the info tab on the duplicate, will it still be available somewhere or is it removed permanently?

No listing is ever completely removed, with a few exceptions (i.e. - death). When you remove it from your account, it simply will show as an unclaimed listing.

For dupes, G will not merge 2 claimed listings. You need to change info on the one you want to remove to match the other listing EXACTLY. Once all changes are made and you have removed it from your account, then ask GMB support to merge the 2 listings.

When you remove it from your account, it simply will show as an unclaimed listing.

There is this, but it's also good to note that it will remove content from the GMB profile such as posts, photos, and replies to past reviews. The pop-up message you get asking you to confirm you want to remove the listing warns you of this:
Remove Listing Message.png

So, yes, it will only remove it from your account and still show it in search but a lot of the content will be stripped from it. As for the duplicate question, I'd recommend just going to the Users tab and removing yourself from the listing there; this would be the same for any situation you may find yourself in where you need to get the listing removed from your account.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom