More threads by johncrenshaw

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just wanted to share a little information that we learned today about the new Google places dashboard. While you can report a problem to delete a live listing, if the listing is unverified it cannot be deleted at this time.

We just spoke with places support and they said that if you have a dupe that's unverified it won't have any negative effect.

Google said that since they have had so many issues with owners calling in about this that they have a team working on it, but can not give a time frame to when this will be complete.

We somehow ended up with an unverified dupe in a client's new G+ dashboard and were kind of worried it would cause problems...doesn't sound like it will at this point.

Thanks so much for sharing that John. Good to know! As I explained in the past it was a violation, but things just keep changing so it's always a moving target. Everyone chipping in with this type of info helps us all stay in the know!

Thanks for the intel, Jon. A bit of a temporary bind if you're trying to remove an old listing that your client forgot his logins for and that uses an address he isn't located at any longer. (Semi-autobiographical story here.)

I just tried it and it DOES work for unverified listings! For me it still looked like the listing is there (though it was just a banner running along the top), but logging out and back in removes it completely.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know Matthew!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom