More threads by erickearney

erickearney

Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has any insight on an issue I am having. A client noticed that when he direct searches his address, a different business name shows up with the exact same address in the map. The weird thing is that this business showing up in the map is marked as permanently closed on GMB. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? I clicked on the map and tried to add our clients business as a missing place, but it just said this business is already at this location.

Last edited:
You have at least two websites associated with that NAP. I won't post the URLs, but if you search the address you see at least two different websites. So, from Google's perspective we see two websites that may or may not be associated with either an existing business or a closed business. Plus once you get into suite numbers google starts to think it's fake, so extra care needs to be taken.

Also searching the business phone number I found a different address at "macadam". It's on the BBB too, a high authority site, so that's not helping. Plus if I remember your company hasn't claimed it's BBB listing. Not sure, going real fast looking at lots of stuff. NAP is definately clouded. I also found a .gov docment that listed high in the SERPs that was "not found" once you clicked it during a search of the address. Something like "New Businesses in Portland.pdf".

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom